Transferring Captured Still Images and Videos to a USB Storage Device
You can copy or move captured still images and videos to a USB storage device by connecting it to the camera.
Prepare a USB storage device with a Type-C connector.
- Turn on the power of the camera.
- Connect a USB storage device to the camera.
- Press and hold the mode button.
- The plug-in runs, and the file transfer becomes possible.
- The camera status lamp lights white.
- When multiple plug-ins are installed in the camera, the plug-in selection screen is displayed. In this case, select “USB data transfer”.
- Press and hold the shutter button of the camera.
- Captured still images and videos are moved to the USB storage device, and the still images and videos in the camera are deleted.
- When the the file transfer is complete, the camera status lamp lights blue.
- You can make various settings on the browser by tapping [Start plug-in] in the basic app for smartphone.
- Images can be copied, moved, and deleted on the [THETA] or [STORAGE] folder display screen.
- The storage device can be formatted.
- When [×] in the upper left-hand corner of the screen is tapped, the display returns to the [Device images] screen of the basic app for smartphone.
- For the products with which proper operation has been confirmed, see the RICOH THETA official website.
- Do not disconnect the device connected to the camera during the transfer.
- When a USB storage device formatted with the FAT32 file system is connected, files with a size of less than 4 GB can be transferred.
- When a USB storage device formatted with the ext4 file system is connected, files with a size of 4 GB or more can also be transferred. The dedicated software compatible with the ext4 file system must be installed in the computer.
Software with which proper operation has been confirmed:
- extFS for Mac by Paragon Software
- Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software