Shooting Still Images while Connected to a Smartphone with the Self-timer Function
You can capture still images using the self-timer function with the basic app for smartphone.
- Turn on the power of the camera.
- Press the mode button to select the still image shooting mode.
- appears on the OLED panel.
- Place the camera.
- Connect the camera to a smartphone via a wireless LAN or Bluetooth®.
- Start the basic app for smartphone.
- The shooting screen is displayed.
- Tap in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- The [Shooting settings] screen is displayed.
- Tap [Self-timer], and then tap the countdown time to set.
- Tap to start the self-timer.
- Tapping EV at the bottom of the screen displays the slider for correcting the exposure. If you check a still image and feel that it is too bright or too dark, adjust the brightness and capture the image to obtain the desired brightness. Moving the slider to the right brightens the image. Moving the slider to the left darkens the image.
- If the shutter speed is set slower than 1/8 seconds when the exposure mode is set to the manual mode, a sound is heard both at the start and end of shooting. In addition, if shooting is performed when the exposure mode is set to the auto mode and [Option Setting] is set to the noise reduction, a sound is heard both at the start and end of shooting. At this time, images are not saved if the power is turned off before shooting is complete.
- When performing shooting after setting the exposure mode to the auto mode and setting [Option Setting] to the noise reduction, fix the camera in place using a tripod, etc. to prevent the camera from moving.
- If an image is captured while the camera is connected to a smartphone with the GPS function enabled, position information is recorded for the image.
- If [Transfer method] is set to [Move], still images are deleted from the internal memory of the camera after they are transferred to the smartphone.
- When [Display after shooting] is turned on in [Shooting settings] and the shutter button of the basic app is used to capture still images, the images are automatically transferred to the smartphone. The images captured using the shutter button of the camera while [Display after shooting] is set to off and videos are not transferred automatically.
- If the exposure mode is set to the manual mode and the shutter speed is set slower than 1/8 seconds, the OLED panel and all lamps turn off. If shooting is performed when the exposure mode is set to the auto mode and [Option Setting] is set to the noise reduction, the OLED panel and all lamps may turn off.
- The default countdown time is 5 seconds.
- If the shutter button of the camera is pressed during countdown, shooting can be performed immediately.
(The self-timer is canceled.)
- To cancel the self-timer, tap or press the Fn button or mode button.
(If the remaining countdown time is less than 2 seconds, the self-timer cannot be canceled.)
- The countdown sound volume is proportional to the shutter sound volume.
(When the shutter sound is off, the countdown sound is off either.)
- The settings below can be made for the basic app for smartphone.
- Countdown time (2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds)
- Exposure mode for still images (ISO sensitivity priority, etc.)
- Options (DR compensation, etc.)
- Checking and Changing the Shooting Conditions
- Changed countdown time is kept even if the camera power is turned off.
- To cancel the self-timer, set [Shooting method] to [Normal shooting].