Viewing Videos on a Computer
Using the basic app for computer allows you to convert videos taken on the camera and then scroll, zoom in, and zoom out while viewing spherical videos on the computer.
- Start the basic app for computer.
- Select [File] → [Open] in the menu.
- Select a video to view.
- The selected video starts playing.
- You can also open files by dragging and dropping them to the window of the basic app for computer.
- When the file before conversion is selected (the file name is “R***.MP4”)
- A video conversion dialog box is displayed. Select or enter the desired output directory (folder to which to save the converted video) and click [Start].
- Multiple files can be converted at the same time by dragging and dropping files that have not been converted.
- Conversion may take some time depending on conditions such as the length of the video.
- The data file name after conversion is “R***_er.MP4”. This file name can be changed. Videos do not need to be converted again the next time they are viewed.
- Converted videos can be shared and viewed as spherical images on YouTube. When uploading videos with spatial audio recorded to YouTube, the video conversion app for computer “RICOH THETA Movie Converter” is required.
- The following operations are available on the playback/display screen:
: Zooms in on the video.
: Zooms out on the video.
: Returns the display area to the default state.
: Makes the video rotate automatically.
: Switches to full screen display.
- Operations with mouse:
- Drag to scroll within the video.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out on the video.
- Operations with keyboard:
- Press the “Page Up” key to zoom in on the video.
- Press the “Page Down” key to zoom out on the video.
- Press the ←, ↑, ↓, and → keys to scroll the video.
- A full screen display can be launched by selecting [Display] → [Full Screen]. Press the “Esc” key to close the full screen display.
- When the video size is “3840 × 1920”, the video may not be played back or may be resized to “1920 × 960” depending on the connected computer.
Closing the Video
Select [File] → [Close] in the menu.