Transferring Captured Still Images and Videos to a USB Storage Device
You can copy or move captured still images and videos to a USB storage device by connecting it to the camera with a USB cable.
A USB storage device and USB OTG cable (Micro-USB male connector and USB Type-A female connector) compatible with the camera are required.
- Turn on the power of the camera.
- Connect the camera to a smartphone via a wireless LAN.
- Start the basic app for smartphone, and then tap [Settings].
- The [Settings] screen is displayed.
- Tap [Camera settings].
- The [Camera settings] screen is displayed.
- Tap [Plug-in], and then tap [USB data transfer].
- Connect a USB storage device to the camera using a USB OTG cable.
- Press and hold the mode button.
- The plug-in installed in the camera runs and the camera status lamp lights white.
- Press and hold the shutter button of the camera.
- Captured still images and videos are copied to the USB storage device. When the still images and videos are moved, they are deleted from the camera.
- When the transfer is completed, the camera enters the shooting mode.
- If [Start plug-in] is tapped on the screen of the basic app for smartphone, the browser opens. You can make various settings on this browser.
- On the [THETA] and [STORAGE] folder display screens, you can copy, move, and delete still images and videos.
- You can format the USB storage device.
- When [×] in the upper left-hand corner of the browser is tapped, the display returns to [Device images] of the basic app for smartphone.
- For the products with which proper operation has been confirmed, see the RICOH THETA official website.
- Do not disconnect the cable or device connected to the camera during the transfer.
- When the connected USB storage device has been formatted with the FAT32 file system, you can save files with a size of less than 4 GB.
- When the connected USB storage device has been formatted with the ext4 file system, you can also save files with a size of 4 GB or more. The dedicated software supporting the ext4 file system must be installed on the computer.
Proper operation has been confirmed with the following software:
- extFS for Mac by Paragon Software
- Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software