Shooting Still Images while Connected to a Smartphone with the Self-timer Function
You can capture still images using the self-timer function with the basic app for smartphone.
- While pressing the wireless button, press the power button on the camera to turn the power on.
- The camera status lamp lights green.
- Place the camera.
- Connect the camera to a smartphone via a wireless LAN or Bluetooth®.
- Start the basic app for smartphone.
- Tap to start the self-timer.
- Tapping EV at the bottom of the screen displays the slider for correcting the exposure. If you check a still image and feel that it is too bright or too dark, adjust the brightness and capture the image to obtain the desired brightness. Moving the slider to the right brightens the image. Moving the slider to the left darkens the image.
- You can make settings such as shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, white balance, shooting method, live view, and post-view on/off to suit the purpose of your shooting.
- Countdown starts and shooting is performed 5 seconds later.
- If the shutter speed is set slower than 1/8 seconds in the manual mode, a sound is heard both at the start and end of shooting. If images are captured with the noise reduction set in the auto mode, a sound is heard both at the start and end of shooting. At this time, images are not saved if the power is turned off before shooting is complete.
- When shooting in the auto mode with the noise reduction or HDR rendering set, fix the camera in place using a tripod to prevent the camera from moving.
- The capture mode is limited to the still image capture mode. (The self-timer cannot be used for the video mode.)
- If an image is captured while the camera is connected to a smartphone with the GPS function enabled, position information is recorded for the image.
- If [Transfer method] is set to [Move], still images are deleted from the internal memory of the camera after they are transferred to the smartphone.
- Still images can also be captured using the shutter button of the camera. However, these still images are not transferred to the smartphone.
- If the shutter speed is set slower than 1/8 seconds in the manual mode, all lamps turn off. If images are captured with the noise reduction set in the auto mode, all lamps may turn off.
- The default countdown time is 5 seconds.
- If the shutter button is pressed during countdown, shooting can be performed immediately.
(The self-timer is canceled.)
- To cancel the self-timer, press the mode button.
(If the remaining countdown time is less than 2 seconds, the self-timer cannot be canceled.)
- The countdown sound volume is proportional to the shutter sound volume.
(When the shutter sound is off, the countdown sound is off either.)
- The settings below can be made for the basic app for smartphone.
- Countdown time (2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds)
- Shooting mode of still images (ISO priority, etc.)
- Options (DR compensation, etc.)
- Checking and Changing the Shooting Conditions
- Changed countdown time is kept even if the camera power is turned off.
- To cancel the self-timer, set [Shooting method] to [Normal shooting].