Shooting Still Images Using Only the Camera with the Self-timer Function
This section explains the shooting method using the self-timer function.
- While pressing the wireless button, press the power button on the camera to turn the power on.
- The camera status lamp lights green.
- Place the camera.
- Press the shutter button to start the self-timer.
- Countdown starts and shooting is performed 5 seconds later.
- During countdown, the camera status lamp flashes green and the countdown sound is heard.
(When the remaining time is less than 2 seconds, flashing becomes quicker. When flashing becomes quicker, the countdown sound interval also becomes shorter.)
- Images saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a smartphone or computer.
- Images saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a smartphone.
- The default countdown time is 5 seconds.
- If the shutter button is pressed during countdown, shooting can be performed immediately.
(The self-timer is canceled.)
- To cancel the self-timer, press the mode button.
(If the remaining countdown time is less than 2 seconds, the self-timer cannot be canceled.)
- The countdown sound volume is linked to the shutter sound volume.
(When the shutter sound is off, the countdown sound is off either.)
- If the power is turned off and back on, the camera returns to the normal shooting.
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if images are captured when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if the camera is tilted when shooting.
- The capture mode is limited to the still image capture mode. (The self-timer cannot be used for the video mode.)
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to shoot. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in blue:
- The camera can be used.
- Flashing in blue:
- The camera is starting up.
- Flashing in red:
- An error has occurred in the camera.
- Lit in green:
- The self-timer can be used for shooting.
* Except when an image is captured with HDR rendering set in the auto mode.
- Flashing in green:
- The self-timer is on.
- Shooting is not possible as the camera is in the sleep mode, no more images can be captured, or no more recordable time remains. The lamp is also unlit during shooting.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting: 3 minutes). Shooting is not possible in the sleep mode. Press the power button to enable shooting, and then press the shutter button to capture a still image.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera.
- If no more images can be captured, delete images from the camera.