Shooting Still Images Using Only the Camera
This section explains basic methods for shooting still images.
- Turn on the power of the camera.
- Press the mode button to select the still image capture mode.
- Position the camera.
- Position the camera as upright as possible.
- Press the shutter button.
- The captured still image is saved in the internal memory of the camera.
- Images saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a smartphone or computer.
- Images saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a smartphone.
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if images are captured when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if the camera is tilted when shooting.
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to shoot. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in blue:
- The camera can be used.
- Flashing in blue:
- The camera is starting up.
- Flashing in red:
- An error has occurred in the camera.
- Lit in green:
- The self-timer can be used for shooting.
* Except when an image is captured with HDR rendering set in the auto mode.
- Flashing in green:
- The self-timer is on.
- Shooting is not possible as the camera is in the sleep mode, no more images can be captured, or no more recordable time remains. The lamp is also unlit during shooting.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting: 3 minutes). Shooting is not possible in the sleep mode. Press the power button to enable shooting, and then press the shutter button to capture a still image.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera.
- If no more images can be captured, delete images from the camera.