Shooting Videos while Connected to a Smartphone
You can capture videos using the basic app for smartphone.
- Turn on the power of the camera.
- Press the mode button to select the video mode.
- Connect the camera to a smartphone via a wireless LAN or Bluetooth®.
- Start the basic app for smartphone.
- Tap to capture a video.
- Tap to stop shooting. (Shooting can also be stopped by pressing the shutter button of the camera.)
- Tap in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to change the video size, etc.
- If a video is captured while the camera is connected to a smartphone with the GPS function enabled, position information is recorded for the video.
- Videos can also be captured using the shutter button of the camera.
- The following operations are not available with the basic app for smartphone while capturing videos.
- Viewing images in the camera
- Transferring images from the camera
- Deleting images from the camera
- Meta data that is compatible with the 360 degree video format is added when a video is transferred to a smartphone. Videos that have meta data added can be shared and viewed as spherical images on YouTube.
- The video with a length of 5 minutes or more may not be transferred to a smartphone.
- The video may not be played back on a smartphone or computer depending on the video settings.
- The camera may become hot when shooting videos for a long period of time. In this case, the camera may stop operating to prevent damage from high temperatures.