Shooting Videos Using Only the Camera
This section explains basic methods for shooting videos.
- Turn on the power of the camera.
- Press the mode button to select the video mode.
- Position the camera.
- Position the camera as upright as possible.
- Press the shutter button.
- Press it again to stop shooting.
- The video recording lamp on the camera flashes while capturing a video.
- The captured video is saved in the internal memory of the camera.
- Videos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a smartphone or computer.
- Videos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a smartphone.
- The following operations are not available with the basic app for smartphone while capturing videos.
- Viewing images in the camera
- Transferring images from the camera
- Deleting images from the camera
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if images are captured when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if the camera is tilted when shooting.
- If you press and hold the power button and wireless button simultaneously to forcibly turn off the power of the camera while recording a video, the internal memory may become damaged and may no longer be able to save data.
- The video with a length of 5 minutes or more may not be transferred to a smartphone.
- The video may not be played back on a smartphone or computer depending on the video settings.
- The camera may become hot when shooting videos for a long period of time. In this case, the camera may stop operating to prevent damage from high temperatures.
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to shoot. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in blue:
- The camera can be used.
- Flashing in blue:
- The camera is starting up.
- Flashing in red:
- An error has occurred in the camera.
- Shooting is not possible as the camera is in the sleep mode, no more images can be captured, or no more recordable time remains. The lamp is also unlit during shooting.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting: 3 minutes). Shooting is not possible in the sleep mode. Press the power button to enable shooting, and then press the shutter button to capture a video.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera.
- If no more time remains for shooting, delete images from the camera.