Checking and Changing the Camera Settings
The status of the camera can be checked and various settings can be made with the basic app for smartphone.
- Tap [Settings] on the main screen.
- The [Settings] screen is displayed.
The following setting items are displayed on the [Settings] screen.
- The connection status between the camera and the smartphone can be checked.
- Change Wi-Fi Password:
- The wireless LAN connection status can be checked and the password can be changed. Follow the procedure below to change the password.
- Enter a new password (8 or more characters) and tap [Change Password] at the bottom of the screen.
- Single-byte alphanumeric characters and symbols can be used. (Spaces cannot be used.)
- When the password has been changed successfully, press the wireless button of the camera to turn the wireless LAN function off and back on.
- The password is not changed until the wireless LAN function is turned off.
- Delete the old camera information used before the password change in the Wi-FiTM settings of the smartphone.
- Enter the new password in the Wi-FiTM settings of the smartphone and connect to the camera.
- The password can be changed only when the camera is connected to the smartphone.
- Note that the previous password can no longer be used.
- If you have forgotten the password, press and hold the wireless button to restore the default password. The power turns off automatically when the password is reset successfully.
- Cam Bluetooth settings: The on/off status of the camera Bluetooth function and GPS continuous transfer function can be checked, and the status can be switched on/off.
- Wi-Fi frequency band:
- The frequency band for wireless LANs can be changed.
- When the frequency band is set to 5 GHz, use the camera indoors only.
- The changed frequency band becomes effective when the wireless LAN function is turned on next time.
- Camera settings:
- The following camera settings can be checked and changed.
- Sleep time:
- The length of time before the camera enters the sleep mode can be set. (3 minutes, 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 10 minutes, OFF)
- Camera shutter volume*:
- The volume of the shutter sound can be set. (High, Medium, Low, OFF)
- Transfer method*:
- You can select whether to keep the images on the camera when transferring images from the camera to the smartphone. Select [Copy] to retain the images in the internal memory after transfer or select [Move] to delete the images from the internal memory after transfer.
- The function enabled when the plug-in is run can be checked.
- Camera version*:
- The firmware version of the camera can be checked.
- Camera license*:
- The licenses used for the camera can be checked.
- My Settings:
- You can save shooting conditions set with a smartphone on the camera.
Shooting conditions registered in My Settings will be enabled when you turn on the power of the camera when it is not connected to a smartphone.
- Share Settings:
- The account for each social networking service can be set.
* Settings can only be checked and changed when the camera is connected to the smartphone.