Shooting Still Images while Connected to a Smartphone using the Self-timer Function
Shooting using the self-timer function with the smartphone application is possible. For shooting using the self-timer function, it is necessary to connect the camera to a smartphone. (Connecting to a Smartphone)
While pressing the wireless button, press the power button on the camera to turn the power on
- The camera status lamp lights green.
- Place the camera
- Select the SSID of the camera in the Wi-Fi settings of the smartphone
- Start the smartphone application
Tap to start the self-timer
- Tap EV at the bottom of the screen, and use the displayed slider to correct the exposure. If you check a still image and feel that it is too bright or too dark, adjust the brightness and retake the photo to obtain the desired brightness. Move it to the right to brighten the photo or to the left to darken the photo.
- You can set ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, white balance, interval shooting conditions, image size, live view and you can turn post view on/off to suit the purpose of your shooting.
- Countdown starts and shooting is carries out 5 seconds later.
- If the Wi-Fi connection fails, check the Wi-Fi settings of the smartphone.
- If the shutter speed is set slower than 1/8 second in manual mode, a sound is heard both at the start of and end of shooting. If images are shot with noise reduction set in auto mode, a sound is heard both at the start of and end of shooting. At this time, images are not saved if the power is turned off before shooting is complete.
- When shooting in auto mode with the noise reduction or HDR rendering settings, fix the camera in place using a tripod when shooting to prevent camera shake.
- The shooting mode is limited to still images. (Videos shooting is not allowed.)
- If a still image is taken while connected to a smartphone with a GPS function enabled, position information is recorded for the photo.
- If [Transfer method] is set to [Move], still images are deleted from the internal memory of the camera after being transferred to the smartphone.
- Photos can also be taken using the shutter button of the camera. However, these still images are not transferred to the smartphone.
- If the shutter speed is set slower than 1/8 second in manual mode, all lamps turn off. If images are shot with noise reduction set in auto mode, all lamps may turn off.
- The default countdown time is 5 seconds.
- If the shutter button is pressed during countdown, shooting can be done immediately.
(Self-timer is cancelled.)
- To cancel the self-timer, press the shooting mode button.
(If the remaining countdown time is less than 2 seconds, the self-timer cannot be canceled.)
- The countdown sound volume is proportional to the shutter sound volume.
(When the shutter sound is off, the countdown sound is off either.)
- The settings below can be made for the smartphone application:
- Countdown time (2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds)
- Shooting mode of still images (ISO priority, etc.)
- Option (DR correction, etc.)
- Changed countdown time can be kept if the camera power is turned off.