Shooting Videos Using Only the Camera
This section explains basic methods for shooting videos.
- Turn on the power of the camera
- Press the shooting mode button to select the video capture mode
- Position the camera
- Position the camera as upright as possible.
- Press the shutter button
- Press it again to stop shooting.
- The video recording lamp on the camera flashing during video capture.
- The video that is captured is saved in the internal memory of the camera.
- When shooting just with the camera, the video size is 1920 x 1080 (30fps).
- Videos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a smartphone or computer.
- Videos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a smartphone.
- The following operations are not available with the smartphone app while shooting video.
- Viewing still images/videos stored on the camera
- Transferring still images/videos stored on the camera
- Deleting still images/videos stored on the camera
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if images/videos are taken when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded if the camera is tilted when shooting videos.
- If you press and hold the power button to reset the camera while shooting video, the internal memory will become damaged and will no longer be able to save data.
- The camera may become hot when shooting video for a long period of time. In this case, the camera may stop operating to prevent damage from high temperatures.
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to shoot videos. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in blue:
- Shooting is possible.
*Except when captured with HDR rendering set as the auto mode.
- Flashing in blue:
- Sleep mode (power saving).
- Lit in red:
- An error is occurring in the electromagnetic compass. (Videos can be taken)
- Flashing in red:
- An error has occurred in the camera.
- Shooting is not possible as no more images can be taken/no more time remains. The lamp is also unlit during shooting.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting 5 minutes). Shooting is not possible in the sleep mode. Press the shutter button to enable shooting and then press the shutter button again to shoot a video.
- During sleep mode, the wireless function is turned off and cannot be turned on by pressing the wireless button.
- If the lamp is lit in red, the electromagnetic compass needs to be calibrated. Move the camera in a figure eight until the lamp turns blue.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera. In such cases, it is recommended that you calibrate the electromagnetic compass by moving the camera in a figure eight before shooting.
- If no more images can be shot, delete images from the camera.